CheckPoint: Your Pro Mental Health Gaming
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of CheckPoint Organisation Ltd's services. CheckPoint is an Australian public company, limited by guarantee.
ACN 612816841 ABN 50 612 816 841.
CheckPoint is located at:
164 Kings Way South Melbourne, VIC, 3205 Australia
By engaging with this community (including but not limited to our website
https://checkpoint.org.au, Discord “CheckPoint” server, Steam GamerMates community, Facebook CheckPoint group, and any other peer-to-peer community that is occurring under the title “CheckPoint” [in reference to CheckPoint Organisation Ltd]), users agree that they have read, understand, and will adhere to these terms. They also agree they will check this document regularly for changes to policy.
The information on this website is for general information only. It is not intended to be and should not be relied on as a substitute for specific or general medical or health advice.
While every effort is taken to ensure the information is accurate, CheckPoint makes no representations and gives no warranties that this information is correct, current, complete, reliable or suitable for any purpose. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost or expense whatsoever in the use of or reliance upon this information.
This community may contain links to linked websites controlled or produced by organisations other than CheckPoint. The links are provided for convenience only and are not an endorsement of any products or services at those other websites, which also may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs or if you suffer any loss, cost or expense in connection with your use of this website or a linked website.
You will indemnify us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) against any claim or demand, including legal fees and costs, made against us by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Member Terms, or your infringement of any law or the rights of a third party in the course of using CheckPoint, including any claim, loss or damage arising from your use of CheckPoint.
If you have a dispute with one or more CheckPoint users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Duty of Care
Our legal requirements dictate that in any setting, we may need to oblige to
national reporting obligations. In certain circumstances, if your
communication with us raises safety concerns we will try to contact you to
check that you and/or others are safe. If necessary, we may need to pass
on your contact information (if you have supplied it) to authorities who can
help protect you and/or others, such as a crisis service or the police.
Where possible we will work with you openly, letting you know if our
concerns reach the point where we need to involve other services.
We are obliged to try to protect you and/or others if the information you
submit tells us that:
You are being seriously hurt by someone else
You are thinking of seriously harming yourself
Someone else is being, is likely to be, seriously hurt by you or another person.
CheckPoint PatchGaming: Community Guidelines
PatchGaming seeks to reach out to and connect with people who are suffering from mental illnesses and create a community in which they can interact with others who are also suffering from similar issues. PatchGaming's goal is to create an environment which provides an outlet for all its members to express themselves, be accepted, and reduce stigma in mental health. We do this with a focus on games that people can play together, and to connect gamers with like-minded individuals, whom they can talk, play, and relate with in a place that encourages positivity and acceptance.
PatchGaming is in no way, shape, or form an entity or economic community which provides legal, licensed, or sanctioned therapeutic or psychiatric help. Any advice or help provided by the community is done so on a non-professional basis and is not intended to supersede or act as a replacement for professional help. In the event that a member of the PatchGaming community seeks out professional help, an administrator or moderator of PatchGaming will provide them with contact details for the appropriate professional service to fit the need of that community member. Furthermore; PatchGaming will not protect its members from every mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person as we look to have our members seek comfort in diverse social interactions. Lastly, if you're in a life-threatening emergency please call your appropriate emergency service.
- If you are not a Listener or Helping Hand, please do feel free to participate! Everyone is welcome to listen and help out another in #ineedtotalk channels.
- If you are in the need of someone to talk to about personal problems, use the #ineedtotalk channels.
- If you are feeling depressed, angsty, suicidal, angry, or anything of the sorts, use the #ineedtotalk channels.
- If something bad just happened to you, or someone you care about, or if you just witnessed something bad happen to a stranger and you want to talk about it use the #ineedtotalk channels.
- If someone is already actively talking in the #ineedtotalk channels, do not butt in. We have two channels and you can also DM our Listeners.
- If a Listener is already present and helping someone, do not butt in. It doesn’t help the Listener to be interrupted or contradicted and it doesn’t help the user who needs help who would have to pay attention to multiple people at once now. Listeners may request you to leave or move to a different channel.
- If you are just looking for new friends, or someone to play with, do not use the #ineedtotalk channels. Use either #games-general or any of the colored chats (#orange-chat, #green-chat, and so on) instead.
- If you think that a user is using the #ineedtotalk channels improperly, do not start a discussion in the channel. You may politely direct them to the correct channel (see above) but if a user persists or provides comments that are rude or otherwise unhelpful, please send a private message to a staff member immediately (preferably Listener or Listener Manager!).(edited)
- If you are in the need of someone to talk to about your problems and don’t feel like typing, you are free to use the #ineedtotalk voice channel.
- If the #ineedtotalk voice channel is in use and there is already a listener there, do not join the channel unless you are asked to do so. Listeners may request you to leave. Interruption can lead to a server mute.
- If there is a user in the voice channel, but there is no listener, you can join as long as your intention is to help the other user until a listener arrives. You may also message a Listener and bring the situation under their attention.
- Do not join the voice channel for any other reason.
“But what if there is someone in the #ineedtotalk channels and no listener is there?” you might ask. If that is the case, you can do one of two things. You can message a listener and tell them to pay more attention to the channels (politely, that is), or you can try to help the user yourself.
If the channel has been inactive for more than two hours, or the user before you has gotten the help they needed, you are free to use the channels. (Again, these channels are only for talking about personal problems).
CheckPoint: Terms and Conditions
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Australia. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, CheckPoint and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on CheckPoint.
All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://checkpoint.org.au for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
Republish material from http://checkpoint.org.au
Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://checkpoint.org.au
Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://checkpoint.org.au
Redistribute content from CheckPoint (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
1. This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
2. Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website and third party communities under the name “CheckPoint”. This includes, but is not limited to, Discord, Facebook and Steam. CheckPoint does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of CheckPoint, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws CheckPoint shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
3. CheckPoint reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
4. You hereby grant to CheckPoint a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
5. You must not submit, post or upload any material which:
is inappropriate, offensive or contrary to any applicable laws or standards, including, without limitation, material which:
i. is obscene or indecent, depicts violence, sexual activity or pornography;
ii. contains instructions in drug use;
iii. instructs or encourages criminal activity; or
iv. defames, harasses, menaces, threatens, abuses, offends or embarrasses
infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, by reproducing songs, poems, articles, logos, trademarks, pictures, photos, music or other material that is not owned by you (or which you do not have a licence to reproduce on the site);
infringes any of our rights or the rights of any third person including privacy rights;
breaches any laws, regulations, standards or codes as enacted, modified or updated from time to time;
impersonates any person or suggests a connection to a group or organisation which is misleading;
advocates the use of force or violence towards any person;
encourages, endorses, approves or recommends the performance of dangerous or illegal acts including suicide or self harm; or
contains a virus or other code that has harmful or destructive properties.
Hyperlinking to our Content
1. The following organizations may link to our website without prior written approval: Government agencies;
Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses; and
Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
2. These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
3. We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following
types of organizations:
commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
dot.com community sites;
associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
online directory distributors;
accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of CheckPoint; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organisation.
These organisation may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
By use of our corporate name; or
By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of CheckPoint’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Content Liability We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.